Are you struggling with cleaning as I do? There could be several valid reasons why you would forget or maybe delay cleaning your house such as:
- you are always in a rush to go to work and always late in getting home
- you are a busy working mom with no nannies
- you run your own business and barely have any free time
- you do not have enough budget to hire professional cleaners
- you do not know where to start
However, even though I don’t spend much time cleaning, I really hate to see my home in a mess and I really hate to do the cleaning regularly. Usually I let it all go wrong until the point when I can’t stand it anymore and my clean freak streak comes out, and just start cleaning everything, and that might take half a day in some cases. I admit I am no cleaning expert and that’s not the way cleaning the house should be done that is why I thought of coming up and searching for the best cleaning hacks out there that I can do for free or within a budget with minimal effort.
When you have a clean home, you will start to have a clear mindset and have a positive mood. You will start to notice that you are having better days than before because your mood has finally lifted!
But how do you keep motivated and energized to clean your home? It’s pretty easy. You just need a checklist or printable to help you and keep you on track!
With that said, If you need some effective home cleaning hacks, you can start organizing your cleaning schedule using these deep cleaning hacks printables. And what’s more is that you can do these with your kids!
See more best cleaning tips and hacks.
Winter Cleaning Checklist
Winter time could be one of the laziest seasons of the year since I am sure you just want to stay in your bed wrapped up in a blanket. But you also have to remember that the winter season is also the time for holiday celebrations and visitors! With that said, you need to have your own winter cleaning checklist in case you get any surprise visitors.
Create a cleaning schedule
Do you need a cleaning schedule? Well, if you are in this post in the first place, then maybe you do. A cleaning schedule is like a to-do list to keep you on track of your progress and tasks to clean. Because no, you do not have to necessarily clean your whole house in one day.
Living Room Cleaning Tips
The living room is what people will usually see first once they come over to your home. So making it clean and presentable as possible is very important to save you from embarrassment from your guests! Here is a checklist on the things you need to check and clean in your living room!
Learn how often you should clean everything
With this cleaning printable schedule, you’ll be able to track of every little corner of your household. This is a good idea if you are someone who forgets your chores or to-do list easily. Learn how often you need to wash linen, throw trash bags, clean blinds, fan blades, or deep clean your windows, and create your custom schedule based on these standards.
Source: Good Housekeeping
Get rid of clutter!
Your house will never look clean no matter how often you do dusting if it’s full of clutter. When things are not organized, it always looks like a mess. If you have kids, you know how quickly your house becomes cluttered with old clothes that don’t fit the sizes anymore, old toys and used devices that are broken long ago. So much unnecessary stuff! Check the corners and nooks and crannies of your home if you happen to find any of the things you need to throw away such as:
- empty spray bottle
- old toothbrush
- used paper towels
- small pieces of junk
- and more!
Your kids will not get organized if you don’t show them an example. Check out this decluttering graph!
Removing stains: mission not impossible!
How many times did you hope that you’ll just put that white t-shirt with a coffee stain on it together with other white clothes and the stain will disappear like in the TV ad of a laundry detergent? Sadly, a lot of stains require a very specific anti-stain treatment to be removed from your clothes.
This graph shows you some affordable products that will work wonders to fight the most common types of stubborn stains such as oil stains, hard water stains, and more! And no, this does not work only on your clothes – it can work on your oven racks, toilet seat, kitchen sink, and other surfaces of the house.
Don’t leave any corner of your home unattended!
Did you know that your curtains, ceiling fans, makeup brushes, and even your sofas might be the most dusty place in your thoroughly cleaned and dusted daily house? Well, if you didn’t, then you probably never vacuumed your these corners and you actually should. Check in this infographic how often you need to do it, as well as how frequently you should get your garbage disposal to get cleaned and light switches.
Ah, let me guess, you never cleaned them? There are plenty of dusty and even filthy forgotten corners in your house and if you have a vacuum cleaner, then you should not have any reason to not clean once in a while!
I hope this printable will be really useful in eliminating these spots of cleanliness issues!
Struggling with pots and pans? Here is some help…
Pots and pans are those kitchen items that always take the most efforts for cleaning. However, that does not mean that you will have to fully neglect cleaning your kitchen. With the best tools and best tips, you can clean this area of your house in no time!
With this infographic, you will be able to remove almost any type of food stains – just learn which is the appropriate cleaning agent you can find in your pantry! You can use vinegar or vinegar solution, dish soap, even olive oil, and more!
DIY Cleaning products
I know that every day more and more people are getting concerned about the ecological impact of retail cleaning products. If you are thinking about your personal impact on the planet, I hope this list of simple DIY cleaning product recipes will help you have a clean house with agents our grandmothers used. An easy hack for cleaning usually consists of baking soda, white vinegar, lemon juice and other cleaning solutions that don’t damage the environment as much as a typical detergent.
Laundry Symbols Printable
Looking at the label info on my favorite shirt and trying to guess what those laundry symbols mean – happened to me way too often. I found this great printable laundry cheat shit and stick it to my washing machine. With this, you can learn how to properly use dryer sheets, how to separate your laundry, and more. Share it with your Pinterest friends as well because it’s really a lifesaver!
Coconut Oil for Cleaning? Yes!
So many things can be cleaned with coconut oil and you’ve never thought about this cleaning hack! Did you know that coconut oil contains lauric acid, which has natural antimicrobial properties? These properties are perfect to use for an all natural cleaner for your shower head, kitchen surfaces, and more!
Cleaning with Essential Oils
Adding essential oils when you are cleaning your house get rids of unpleasant smells and can bring fantastic spring freshness and protect your family from microbes. Just a few drops of essential oils can drastically change how your house smells – trust me on this! Learn how you can use essential oils to eliminate mold, purify fridge, and get rid of bad smells in the furniture or carpet.
A Gigantic Cleaning Hacks Infographic!
This printable will help you with so many cleaning experiments! You will learn here how to get read of the baked oven stains and remove your lipstick stains or nail polish from your carpets. You will also see how much stuff you can clean with your handy wet cloth, dish wand, wet sponge, and more!
Why is it important to have a clean house?
Why is it important to regularly clean your home? The answer to this question can be pretty obvious, yet people still tend to overlook its importance. But before we go into the good stuff, let me first talk about the bad stuff – meaning, how a dirty and unkept home can affect your health and lifestyle:
- Airborne allergens. These are the causes of your stuffy nose or scratchy throat the moment you wake up. This is especially dangerous if you or someone in your family has asthma.
- Skin conditions and irritations. Imagine all the dust mites in your bed and the little insects in the corner of your home. Then just imagine it crawling onto your skin. You might have to scratch them nonstop which can cause skin irritations.
- Negative effect on mental health. Researchers have found that a messy and cluttered home can lead to stress, anxiety, and poor concentration.
Now, with all that said, let me move on to the reasons why you SHOULD clean your home:
- Saves you time by being organized. How many times have you spent about 30 minutes looking for something in your home? By cleaning your house and keeping things organized and in their place, you will be able to locate the things you need within a second!
- Improve mood. Having a clean house will improve your mood and your general mental health. You won’t be stressed out anymore because of the clutter and you will be excited looking at your own house the moment you wake up or come back home.
- Keeps out pests. Say goodbye to the annoying dust mites and bed mites. Not to mention the roaches and rats hiding in the corners of your home!
- You’ll always be prepared for visitors. You would not want someone knocking on your door on a random morning while your house is a mess, right? So, to save yourself the embarrassment, it is better to tidy up your home every day in case a surprise visitor comes knocking at your door!
- Sets a good example. If you are a parent, then you would want to set a good example for your kids by being organized. Just like what they say, kids copy their parents the most. So, if they see you just ignoring the mess in the house, then most likely, they will also ignore the mess they make until they grow up!